Happy New Year!
Now that we’ve all eaten our own body weight in brie and pigs in blankets, you might be looking for some easy and somewhat healthy shnacks. #NewYearNewMe and all that.
This recipe comes straight from chef Stirling (a.k.a James), after he decided to get creative with one of the thousands of jars of chilli products that line our shelves.
They’re super-quick to make and will keep for around five days in an airtight container – though I’m pretty sure they’ll be gone before then!
Makes 4 snack-sized portions
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (I used La Chinata sweet smoked paprika)
- a pinch of chilli powder (I used chipotle, but any medium heat chilli powder is fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of flaked sea salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200ºC and line a large baking tray with tin foil or baking paper.
- Rinse the chickpeas, pat dry, then place in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix together until well combined. Then tip out onto a large baking tray and spread them out into one layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, giving them a shuggle halfway through.